lauantai 11. toukokuuta 2013

QS Theatre of the Absurd

Sorry my update is a bit late, but it's been really busy week. I've been stitching QS Theatre and here's my daily progress:

Anteeksi, että päivitys on vähän myöhässä, mutta viime viikko on ollut tosi kiireinen. Olen pistellyt QS Theatre-mallia ja tässä päivittäinen edistymiseni:


And here are before and after pics of the whole thing:

Ja tässä ennen ja jälkeen kuvat koko pistelystä:



 



I don't know, if anyone else has the same issue, but when it comes to needles, they don't last long in my hands. I'm not sure either is it the way I stitch (could be a tension, the way I handle a needle, fabric count - thread amount combination, etc.) or if I really have some sort of "acid hands". Anyway, I prefer gold plated needles as they last longer than normal ones. But still, the gold worns out after a forthnight or so. And here's my tag of the week: Busy Lizzie Crafts. The needles are so cheap that once the gold is gone and the needle isn't sliding as smoothly as before, I bin it and take another one :)

En tiedä, onko kellään toisella samanlaista ongelmaa, mutta mitä neuloihin tulee, ne eivät minun käsissäni kestä kauaa. En ole varma, johtuuko se tavastani pistellä (langan kireydestä, tapa jolla käsittelen neulaa, kankaan tiheys - langan säikeiden määrä-yhdistelmä, yms.) vaikka onko minulla jollain tavalla "happosemmat kädet". Joka tapauksessa, pidän enemmän kultapäällysteisistä neuloista, koska ne kestävät kauemmin kuin ns. tavalliset. Mutta silti kulta yleensä kuluu pois parin viikon pistelyn jälkeen. Joten tässä vinkkini tälle viikolle: Busy Lizzie Crafts. Neulat ovat niin halpoja, että kun kulta on hävinnyt eikä neula liu'u enää yhtä hyvin, heitän sen pois ja otan uuden käyttöön :)

3 kommenttia:

  1. I know what you mean about the needles... My gold plated needles are fantastic for the first two weeks or so, but when the gold has worn off it sometimes makes a funny noise when pushing the needle through. Maybe I should consider changing my needles more often... I usually use them until they break (which happens often enough....)
    I ordered my 28 size needle online (the lady at the local store told me such needles didn't exist... hahaha..) and they only came in a pack of 25 needles and I remember that I wondered "What am I supposed to do with 25 needles??" ;-D

    Theatre looks fantastic =) Makes me wanna stitch on mine tonight =)

    VastaaPoista
  2. I thought I was the only one!!! I am so embarrassed about the amount of needles I go through I must be so heavy handed !!!!!! Great progress on your QS !

    VastaaPoista
  3. I can honestly say that I lose my needles long before they have a chance to wear out! But saying that I much prefer the gold plated needles.

    I love the way you set out the collage of progress. It's so interesting to watch your achievements this way. TOTA is looking awesome!!
    Alicia xox

    VastaaPoista